Over the course of the day, I got the chance to connect with 10 different classes of students - 6 in my own school and 4 through Skype! We read stories together, I jumped in to take over their read aloud books, or I simply talked about WRAD and took pictures! It was an amazing day of stories, laughter and even disbelief (that there are so many in the world that don't know how to read). It made me realize that we have to do even more in my school and district to really make our students global learners.
Some of the books that were read aloud over the course of WRAD:
I had a great day- here are some highlights:
- Read one of my 1st grade classes from another school a story (they LOVED Pete the Cat) - Thank you Mr. Gaita!
- Read a few chapters of Wonder aloud to a 5th grade class
- Witnessed a dictionary race in another 5th grade class when I read the word "curtailing" aloud
- Shared I Want My Hat Back with Ms. Lightfoot's 4th grade Animal Ambassadors via Skype (and had them each come up to share if they were more Team Bear or Team Rabbit)
- Observed 1st graders reading aloud to each other in small groups (Henry and Mudge!)
- Connected with Mrs. Reed and Mr. Schu via a double Skype session!