Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Things you see at library conferences...

 Tall buildings with great reflective qualities.
 Spinning welcome signs.
 Bicycle-powered vehicles.
 Firepits!
 Authors! This is Mike Thaler (The Black Lagoon guy!)
 ...and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar!
Giant cat mascots. Ok, this one was kind of scary.
 An Angry Birds pumpkin (and watermelon!) display
 Savvy Librarians :)
 Swatch watch heaven!
 A wall of Legos! (We made it to the Mall of America for a quick visit, and wow. just wow.)

All in all, Minneapolis was a great city! I got to meet library friends from twitter and other blogs, I got to present with my colleague and friend Jennifer Reed (from Mason-Rice) and I left with enough information and brain fuel to inspire me for a long time to come.  I have many book reviews and lesson ideas to add to this blog!

No comments: